Not in Stock, Available for Special Order
A classic on the practice of gunsmithing, covering everything from rifling tools and sights to pistols and soldering. Vickery’s clear and precise instruction covers essentials and techniques for both the amateur and professional
First published in 1940, W. F. Vickery's Advanced Gunsmithing
, classic is essential for gunsmiths, both for the broad range of topics it covers and the insight it offers into methods of work current seventy-five years ago. Topics include:
- Barrel changing
- Chambering, boring, and reaming tools
- Rifling tools and the rifling of barrels.
- Actions and their alterations
- Sights, scopes, and small parts.
- Rifles and shotguns
- Hand tool procedures
- Soldering and brazing, heat treatment, and bluing.
- Making cartridge dies
- And more!
A clear writer, Vickery how to move from one aspect of a given task to the next. This is a useful addition to any gunsmith's reference library.